Condensation can be a real problem and lead to ongoing damage inside your home. If you are suffering from the effects of condensation, don’t hesitate to get in touch with the experts at County Preservation.
As local building care specialists we offer services such as wet/dry rot treatment and damp proofing in Worcestershire and further afield.
How Do I Spot Problem Condensation?
Living with high levels of condensation can be uncomfortable, and there are very often visible signs as unwanted moisture can damage the decorative condition of your property: mould and mildew on the surface of wall and damage to fabrics, for example.
We can undertake an environmental survey, by a CSRT surveyor that looks at building temperatures and relative humidity to measure the problem, or carry out a survey with a CSRT surveyor. These results will help pinpoint the source of the problem and allow our technicians to identify the correct solution.
There may not be one simple fix for condensation, which often needs a multi-pronged approach to reduce moisture in the air and eliminate cold spots:
- An extractor fan in the kitchen and bathroom can remove two key sources of interior damp.
- A constant, background heat to raise the ambient temperature of the building.
- Insulation, such as wall cavity insulation, will help eliminate cold surfaces on which condensation can form.
- Allowing ventilation to encourage dry air to circulate.
- Dehumidifiers can remove moisture directly from the air, although they can take a lot of energy to operate.
Contact Us Today For Assistance With Condensation Control
Condensation may be a common problem but it isn’t something you need to put up with. Get in touch with County Preservation – our condensation control service can rescue your home from the destructive effects of unwanted moisture.
We are an established and trusted firm providing vital expertise in building preservation and care – from rot to woodworm – in Worcestershire.