County Preservation are here to deal with penetrating damp, offering solutions, repair and damp proofing in Worcestershire and beyond.
What Is Penetrating Damp?
Penetrating damp occurs when water enters the structure of a building, often though defects and poor external maintenance, such as:
- Cracked render
- Defective pointing
- Defective rainwater goods such as blocked gutters and drains
- Missing roof tiles
Identifying The Problem
Look out for the signs of penetrating damp, which include: drips and watermarks, blotches or circles on walls and ceilings, and mould and mildew of all kinds.
Penetrating damp can also be a problem where external ground levels are above internal levels, such as in cellars and basements.
Solutions From County Preservation
- Problems caused by penetrating damp can usually be resolved through pinpointing the entry point and improved external maintenance.
- Our surveyors are fully qualified in making sure the source of the damp is correctly identified.
- Where the problem persists due to porous walls we can assist with a new generation of water repellents that are waterproof, but maintain permeability and allow the evaporation of moisture in the walls.
- Not only will drier walls protect your home from the effects of damp, such as rot and mildew, but it can improve wall temperatures, help with heating and reduce problems with condensation.
Our team are all highly professional specialists in the treatment of damp problems, and have a working knowledge of the most recent and effective solutions available. We are members of the PCA (Property Care Association), which provides assurance of our qualifications in this area, and our work is guaranteed, with insurance backed guarantees available.
Find Out More
A call to us can be the first step in putting an end to your penetrating damp problem. We offer advice and guidance whatever your property care concerns, and we offer services including woodworm treatment and damp proofing for Worcestershire.