At County Preservation we are specialists in eliminating damp of all kinds – we deal with rising or penetrating damp, and condensation. These are important skills when it comes to helping home and business owners turn their basement into habitable space – check out our sister company County Basements for further information.
Why convert your basement? Here are just 5 reasons you should:
- If you have a basement or cellar space under your house then you are lucky! This is a potential asset and with a bit of work you can add another room to your property – without losing any outside space. So many homeowners choose to ignore their cold, damp cellar, or risk using it for storage, when it could be adding value and space, with no structural work needed.
- No added paperwork. Because you aren’t adding to your house, just changing an existing space, you won’t need to go through the same planning permission process as for an extension –making everything more straight-forward.
- Attractive adaptable space. Your basement room could be anything you need: extra living space, games room, bedroom, laundry room, home gym, additional bathroom – the possibilities are endless.
- Once the essentials such as tanking, damp proofing, and access have been sorted out, you can build in features such as plumbing for a sink, bathroom, or washing machine; basement windows or lightwells to add much needed daylight; even an external door! Providing your conversion with its own entrance can expand the possibilities and even give you a self-contained living space for older relatives, grown-up children, or even a lodger.
- Finding a basement specialist to carry out your conversion isn’t hard: our sister company County Basements can carry out your basement conversion, and cover a wide area that includes Worcestershire.
Flood can cause devastation for the homes and families involved, with properties, furniture, personal belongings, and day to day life subject to damage and disruption.
Recent increases in heavy rainfall along with environmental factors have led to the risk of flood being a fact of life for many, so it’s a good idea to know what to do if you are affected by water ingress.
Government advice for action to take as soon as the water recedes includes:
- Take photos of any flood water remaining and recover personal items
- Check for any obvious signs of structural damage before entering the property
- Do not turn on electrical power until your home has been inspected by an electrician
- Make sure you boil water for drinking and cooking until notified that it is safe
- Help prevent mould by removing wet items straight away.
Specialists in flood recovery and property care such as County Preservation can make the long term prospects for your home or business much brighter.
We are here to provide the help you need in properly drying out, and can utilise techniques that allow you to reoccupy the building before it is completely dry.
Our qualified technicians can undertake repair and replacement of materials that will reduce the risk of complications in the near future.
Using new and innovative methods we can build in resilience to future flooding. We do this using underground damp proofing techniques.
Because we are specialists in the field of property preservation and recovery, we can provide the very best solutions to flood damage that are available today. We understand the problems and the effects of water ingress on the fabric of a building much better than a general builder – this makes us the best decision when it comes to flood recovery.
We are experts in services such as tanking, rot eradication and woodworm treatment, for customers across Worcestershire and the wider region.